The St. Mary’s Academy Alumnae Association is a community of women committed to preserving the heritage of St. Mary's Academy through celebrating and enabling life-long connections among Alumnae.
The St. Mary’s Academy Alumnae Association promotes continued loyalty to the Academy and fosters a sense of belonging to an inter-generational sisterhood.
Inspired by Blessed Marie Rose Durocher who believed that an entire society can be transformed if the minds and hearts of young women are properly formed, our vision is that each alumna
treasures her connectedness to the school and other alumnae;
supports St Mary’s Academy and its mission through prayer, volunteerism and philanthropy;
holds high the torch by striving for excellence and service in her personal and professional life.
The present day Alumnae Association has its roots in the Alumnae Association established April 11, 1909, and a later adjunct, the Academicians, formed at the retirement in June 1915 of Sister Joseph Calasanz as Superior of St. Mary’s Academy. The purpose of the group was to foster the spirit of good fellowship and cooperation, not only among themselves, but chiefly towards that splendid institution of learning proudly owned by them as their Alma Mater.
Today, as in 1909, the Alumnae Association seeks to bring former pupils into closer contact with their alma mater and to co-operate with the Sisters and the staff in their work at St. Mary’s Academy. (By-Law 2001 Art. II). An active Alumnae Board and dedicated members organize events, raise funds for a scholarship, bursaries and special projects and promote the Academy community to the broader community.
The Alumnae Association is open to all former students of the Academy. Alumnae whose contact information is kept current, receive alumnae mailings and invitations to class reunions and The Torch Light newsletter which includes news of the school, news of former students and information about alumnae activities.