Admission to St. Mary’s Academy is based upon the Academy’s ability to meet the needs of the applicant and the applicant’s potential to successfully complete the university entrance academic program and to make a positive contribution to the school community.
Grade 7 is the main entry level. There is a secondary entry level at grade 9 but space is limited with only 25-30 new students accepted.
The admissions process is competitive. Each year there are more applicants than spaces available. Favourable consideration is given to applicants from a Catholic parochial school, to those who are active members of a Catholic parish and to those whose sister or mother attended SMA.
The admission process begins each Fall for the next school year. Refer to the Admissions Calendar for important dates and deadlines.
You may request an admissions package by contacting Ms. Judy Ashcroft in the Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 204-478-6048, or you can download each of the admissions forms from here. All six documents must be submitted with a copy of the applicant's most recent report card for a complete application.
Declaration and Consent — St. Mary’s Academy is required to comply with the federal government’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act which requires us to obtain consent whenever we are collecting personal information and to identify how the collected information will be used and disclosed.
Browse our web site to become familiar with our programs and come to our Information Evening and Open House on January 31, 2017 at 7:00 p.m.
1. Parents/guardians should complete the Application and the Declaration and Consent forms and the student applicant should complete the Student Profile form. These are to be returned to the Admissions Office along with a $75 application fee and a copy of the student's birth certificate prior to sitting the entrance test.
2. Two copies of the school reference form are to be completed by two separate people at the student’s current school and sent directly by the school to the Admissions Office at the Academy.
3. Submit a copy of the applicant’s most recent report card for the current year prior to your interview. Submit a copy of the applicant’s final report as soon as it becomes available in June.
4. Parents/guardians should complete the upper portion of the pastor’s form and give it to the pastor. The pastor should complete the bottom portion and send the form directly to the Admissions Office at the Academy. Applicants without a church affiliation are asked to provide a letter of reference attesting to the applicant’s personal qualities.
5. Applicants must write an entrance exam on one of the two scheduled sittings at the Academy. You will be notified of date and time.
6. Interviews for applicants and their parents will be held between 4:00 pm and 7:00 pm on February 28, 2017 and March 2, 2017 and between 9:00 am and 12:00 pm on Sunday, March 5, 2017. You will be notified of date and time. Please contact Ms. Judy Ashcroft at email@example.com if you have any questions.
7. Notifications of acceptance are mailed by mid-April. Acceptance is contingent upon the applicant’s successful completion of the current academic year.
8. When an applicant is notified of acceptance, an enrollment contract is enclosed. When the signed contract is returned with a $600 deposit (non-refundable but credited toward tuition) the student is fully enrolled at St. Mary’s Academy.
9. An appointment for a uniform fitting and purchase is included with the notification of acceptance.