The Volleyball Skills Academy is a program of intensive training under the direction of Mr. Mike Burchuk of Volleyball Experience. The goal of the program is to assist participants develop volleyball skills and understand the various aspects of the game.
The 2016 Volleyball Skills Academy is the eighth year of this program. Click here for the 2016 brochure.
Coach – Mike Burchuk
• Two-time Olympic coach of Team Canada Women’s Team (assistant coach at 1984 Los Angeles Games and head coach at 1996 Atlanta Games)
• Coached Team Canada to first ever bronze medal at the 1995 Pan Am Games in Mar Del Plata, Argentina
• Coached Team Manitoba to gold medal at 1979 Canada Winter Games in Brandon
• Coached Winnipeg Wesmen to six consecutive national championships from 1983-88, (record during this time 327 wins, 9 losses)
• Assistant coach/consultant to Rick Scott and Lord Selkirk Royals 2004-2007 - 4-time provincial 4A Champs
• Assistant coach/consultant to Christine Rewniak and St. Mary’s Academy Flames - 2009 provincial Final Four
• Assistant coach/consultant to Brenda Westwood and Shock 13U Team 2010, and 14U in 2011 – Provincial and National Champs
• Has coached approximately 3,875 athletes at WINTERVOLLEY and 3460 at SUMMERVOLLEY during the past 14 years.
The program offers 3 levels of instruction: grade 7; grades 8 & 9; grades 10-12
Each level trains twice per 6 day cycle in the morning from 7:00 am to 8:15 am
Each level receives 15 sessions of training.
Training sessions start in mid September and end mid-November.
If a morning session is cancelled it is made up in mid November.
Each training session includes:
- a brief warm-up
- a brief circuit involving footwork, movement, spike approaches
- Most sessions include drills covering the various technical aspects of the game.
Cost - The cost of this program is $225.00 per athlete. Please make cheques payable to Volleyball Experience.
Insurance - Participants must have accident insurance, either through a parental benefits package or through student accident insurance
Withdrawal - No refunds will be given for students who drop out once the program begins unless a student is unable to continue in the program due to illness or injury.
Pembina Trails Athletic Association Addresses