Privacy Policy Site Map Contact
SMA Net Login
About SMA Academy Life
AcademicsHigh School Team Staff ProfilesThe School DayCampus MinistryDurocher LibraryGuidance & CounsellingAthleticsClubs and ActivitiesCafeteriaVisual ArtGraduation
Admissions Parents Alumnae events Supporting SMA SMA Login  
Kalendar Click to Print This Page
<< April 2017 >>
S M T W T F S
1
2 4 7 8
10 15
18
23 24 29
30
Community

Our Roots
St. Mary’s Academy is one of a network schools in North America under the direction of the Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary, a teaching congregation founded in Quebec in 1844 by Mother Marie Rose Durocher. In 1874 the Sisters came to the new Province of Manitoba to assume responsibility for St. Mary’s Academy, a school started in 1869 by the Grey Nuns. At St. Mary's Academy we embrace our foundress’ vision that an entire society can be transformed if the minds and hearts of young women are properly formed and directed. Please visit the history page.

Our Students
Our 600 students come from diverse socio-economic, religious and ethnic backgrounds. Approximately 70% are Catholic and the remaining 30% come from a variety of faith backgrounds. Between 15% and 20 % receive tuition assistance in the form of a bursary. Our students are academically oriented and each year approximately 95% of SMA graduates attend universities and colleges of their choice.

Our Faculty and Staff
Our 46 faculty members are dedicated, enthusiastic educators. They are well trained in their fields, are certified by the Province of Manitoba and are actively engaged in professional development activities. In addition to academic and professional duties, all faculty participate in the school’s extra-curricular program. This interaction outside the classroom promotes school spirit and fosters good relations between staff and students. Twenty-two other staff members provide professional, accounting, administrative and maintenance services.

Our Parents
Parents play an important role in the educational process and the life of the Academy. We welcome parents as partners in education who collaborate with teachers and monitor their daughter’s progress. We count on parent volunteers to help us enrich the educational experience by volunteering, donating and becoming active members of the Parents’ Guild. The Guild provides hospitality, delivers essential services such as uniform sales, fosters a sense of community among parents and raises funds to enhance programs for our girls.

Our Boards
The Board of Directors of St. Mary’s Academy Inc. and the Board of Directors of St. Mary’s Academy Foundation Inc. have been behind recent developments at the school providing vision, leadership, and effective governance. Board members are parents, alumnae, friends and Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary.

Our Alumnae
St. Mary’s Academy has a long and proud history of educating young women within a Catholic faith community. We take pride in our alumnae who Hold High the Torch, striving for excellence and service in their personal and professional lives. And we are grateful for the continued friendship and support of our former students. The Alumnae Association, established in 1909, is dedicated to celebrating and enabling lifelong friendships and supporting the school’s mission.